Votes
Nate Hollingshead
  • Lehi, UT
Votes |
Utah Real Estate Investing

Nate Hollingshead
  • Lehi, UT
Posted Dec 1 2016, 12:47

Hello everyone. I have been reading some investing books by Brandon Turner here from BiggerPockets. Great information, however, I have some questions that revolve around his No-To Low Money Down and just the markets in general. 

1. Brandon mentions in his book that you can't refinance a property until after 6-12 months of having purchased it. Does anyone know if this holds true here in Utah? Is it 6 months or generally closer to the 12 month time period?

2. When talking about Hardmoney Lenders he mentions loan points. Now my understanding is that 1 point = 1%, is this part of the monthly charge or is it a one-time up front charge?

3. Does anyone have any experience with Hard Money Lenders here in Utah, the good and the bad? Also, do Hard Money Lenders here in Utah finance 100%?

4. How much do market fluctuations play a role in determining whether to fix and flip or buy and hold? Does anyone have an idea of where the markets are heading here in Utah?

5. My last question, what website do you all recommend for researching, looking for properties, and other valuable information contained to help with real estate investing?

Loading replies...