• Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Looking for opportunity to learn RE accounting

Alex Little
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted May 13 2017, 17:07

I have come to the realization that I need to earn my CPA. I am currently looking for an opportunity that would support me obtaining this designation, as well as exposure to either private equity tax or real estate tax, preferably both. I am not looking to become a tax CPA doing client's taxes, I just want the knowledge and value for the PE/VC and REI work. If anyone has any leads on an opportunity like this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have discovered that by simply having my CPA designation would open a lot more doors for me due to the instant credibility that is bestowed on those three letters. I already have the prerequisites to sit for the exams. While I have been trying to learn and add value in the REI world with my connections, I feel like the CPA will give me more knowledge and confidence to make a greater value impact for those I work with.

I currently am a property accountant with a REIT, but I do not get to learn much as far as accounting or RE is concerned, as well as not being able to put my education and talents to work. I have completed one joint venture on a turn key property last year and am currently completing another joint venture on a SFH flip.

Any suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Loading replies...