Skip to content
Utah Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
James Taylor
Pro Member
  • Eagle Mountain, UT
Votes |
New investor: Do Brrrr’s exist in our current Utah market?

James Taylor
Pro Member
  • Eagle Mountain, UT
Posted Apr 8 2018, 00:26

Like so many other posts I've read in the this thread, I'm new to real estate investing and looking to get started here in Utah. I'm really interested in using a Brrrr approach to acquire a portfolio of rentals. So to begin I've been trying to review MLS listings daily and I just contacted my realtor to get Hot Sheets emailed for properties that fit what I'm looking for. I'm meeting with a lender who has his own rental properties to pick his brain a bit. I've also been reading/listening to BP and reading through some of the threads on here.

With all that learning and scouring of listings, I’m feeling kind of lost in the Utah market. The examples I read about don’t compare to the prices I’m seeing around here. So, I’m wondering what I need to/can do as a brand new investor to really find a deal that fits within the Brrrr strategy at my price point and can get me started. Even though I’d really like to start with Brrrr, is it possible to do in Utah right now? Should I be looking to get my start somewhere else?

Thanks in advance! Reading through the threads you can tell this is an awesome community. Also, in an effort to provide value for value, if anyone has marketing or web design questions, feel free to PM me, that’s my area of expertise.

Loading replies...