• Investor
  • Layton, UT
Votes |
The way too early 2020 review post

Caleb Rigby
  • Investor
  • Layton, UT
Posted Oct 22 2020, 10:39

I wanted to jump in here and give an update on how 2020 has gone for my business and what I think the short-term outlook will look like in Utah. Since it has been awhile since I've posted anything, let me recap what we did last year - In 2019, I officially left my corporate W2 job at the end of April and became a full-time house flipper. I was terrified about the thought of leaving that secure paycheck, but we felt like it was the right thing to do. Having SO much more time to focus on flipping allowed us to finish 14 flips last year and have a really good year. 

Fast forward to this year and we're having our best year ever (despite the pandemic) and I wanted to come on here and mainly be a voice of encouragement for anyone that needs it. If we finish the houses that we have in our pipeline on time, we will flip 23 properties this year! We expanded our flipping operations this year and have done deals as far north as Box Elder County and as far south as Sandy. We've fluctuated between 2-4 construction crews at a time and at our height had 10 flips going on (😮). We had our first 6-figure deal but also had a our biggest loss on a flip too - 2020 has been a roller coaster ride for sure!

For anyone on the fence about real estate investing, I'm walking proof that anyone can jump in, learn, and be successful. Real estate has been a huge blessing for my family and so if you've been thinking about it or tinkering with it...my advice is to get more serious, learn as much as possible (there are a million RE podcasts) and discover the niche that gets you excited and then go out and do it! Reach out and connect if you're local (or not) here in Utah, I'd love to help out anyway I can. 

Loading replies...