Joshua Savage
  • Ascutney, VT
Votes |
Newbie from Ascutney, Vermont

Joshua Savage
  • Ascutney, VT
Posted Dec 30 2016, 15:27

Hi everyone,

I am a new member here at BP, but have been scrolling over your forums and listening to some of the podcasts for quite a while now.  

A little information about me -  I have a full time job in IT Support, which I enjoy.  I am also an entrepreneur and have owned a couple of businesses in the past, which I absolutely loved. My latest business was owning a popular bakery/cafe which I ran with my mother. Anyone who has been in the food industry knows how hard it is to turn a dollar while providing a good product. Ultimately we decided to close due to rising costs and only 6k of net profit at the end of our last year.

At this time I am not in a position financially to purchase anything through a bank, not because of credit (I have a good score) but because I have no cash left after closing our business and paying off everything.  I want to start investing in real estate, with a primary focus of buy & hold - although I understand that's not easy to do in my situation.

I would like to connect with anyone in Vermont who is in real estate, whether new or seasoned.  Any advice on getting started would be very much appreciated.  I've been told that RE investing in Vermont is a little bit tricky - not the easiest place for a newbie to get started.  I believe that with the right mindset and tools, anything can be accomplished - so I don't plan to let that slow me down.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Josh Savage

Loading replies...