• Fox Island, WA
Votes |
Completing RE License Books Hrs During MBA Downtime

Oliver Taylor
  • Investor
  • Fox Island, WA
Posted Nov 28 2017, 13:19

Background:

Own a rental property in Cheney WA, quite profitable for what it is. This is the second property I have worked with, but is the first I am a partner in. It's a large 10 bedroom duplex, cash flows are excellent and ROI is excellent as well.

My Plan: Currently I am taking time off work to get my MBA. Unfortunately for me, that leaves me with a month of free time in December while school is on break. I decided to take an online course to meet the pre-reqs for my RE license. I have no dreams of being an agent for anyone other than myself and or my LLC's. Now my research has led me to see that I will need to "hang my license" in a brokers office. Naturally I'm only interested in the cheapest option as I am not trying to sell houses.

In the future when I wish to purchase another property as a personal residence or investment, what is the most efficient way to do that? Do I simply sign on with a "discount broker" and hang my license with them. Or, can I utilize my LLC in some way....

All advice is welcome.  I got the course for cheap through a cyber monday deal and figured even if I didnt receive the license, the knowledge gained will be valuable in the long run.