• West Linn, OR
Votes |
Looking for advice in Vancouver, Washington

Scott Bowles
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Posted Aug 29 2019, 15:36

Hi all,

I am looking at buying small multi units in Vancouver, Washington and was hoping for some general advice on areas to stay away from. Thanks!

Scott

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 29 2019, 15:43

when you say multi units  are you talking about  1-4 family properties ?   or are you looking at small apt  buildings

User Stats

Votes
Uwe G.
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied Aug 29 2019, 18:06

Hi @Scott Bowles, Vancouver is a great market!  To make sure I answer the question the best way I am curious on what size of properties?  4 Unit and less or small aparments complexes, etc...  Also, what cap rate are you targeting?  Like any other market you will find higher cap rates in areas that appear to be less desirable.  Overall I feel all areas are decent but I would stay away from areas that are building a ton of new apartment complexes.  If you are looking for 1-4 unit complexes, I would stay away from areas where everything in the area is 1-4 unit buildings.  I hope this makes sense or you can gleam value from it.  Feel free to ask me any additional pointed questions.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Scott Bowles
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Replied Aug 30 2019, 13:30

@Uwe G. Thanks for responding! I would like a balance between the lowest and highest cap rates available. So there isn't one area of town that is higher crime etc then others its more of a neighborhood by neighborhood type analysis?

User Stats

Votes
Uwe G.
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied Aug 30 2019, 15:54

Hi @Scott Bowles.  Yes, there are differences in crime.  Take a look at this link and note it only covers the City of Vancouver:  

https://www.cityofvancouver.us/police/page/crime-map

If you want to chat over the phone, please PM me and I will give you my direct mobile to talk in depth more.

Uwe

User Stats

Votes
Uwe G.
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied Sep 3 2019, 16:43

Hi @Scott Bowles were you able to get the information you needed?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Bowles
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Linn, OR
Replied Sep 3 2019, 17:00

@uwe g sorry i got wrapped up with work and family. i will take a look tommorow and reach out! Thanks so much!

Scott

User Stats

Votes
Steve Milford
  • Realtor
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied Sep 4 2019, 15:12

Scott, let me know if you need help looking. I like all areas of Vancouver, of course!