Any investors in Oxford, MS?

20 Replies

Hi BP,

I'm visiting relatives in Oxford MS this Christmas and am interested in the RE environment in that area.  It's a College football town of around 25,000, (Ole Miss) and I was wondering if anyone on BP has looked into Oxford or has any property there.  Maybe someone in Memphis has some insight on this.  Student rentals, alumni vacation homes (for Ole miss games), developing land.  Anybody doing this or thinking about it in this area?

Thanks for sharing...

@Jeff Caravalho

My partner owns several rentals and an apartment in Oxford in and around the square.  Prices are high for homes.  They do rent their primary residence out about 3-4 times per year during football games on a weekend basis at about $3,300 per weekend. 

Rents are high and homes rent out fast from his experience.  Mostly college students even off campus. 

Good luck

Oxford is too expensive right now in my opinion.  We briefly looked at housing and professional commercial opportunities in Oxford and the bottom line is that inventory is low and prices are high.  It's definitely a seller's market. 

Hi, @Jeff Caravalho .

We have a client here who has rental properties in Oxford (I don't think he's on BP, though).

I will forward him this thread and see if he's willing to reach out to you to share his experience.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your response!  Brother in law may be inheriting some land just northwest of town, so that's why were interested.

@Curt Davis , Just curious, where do they go when there is a game, hotel?  Buddy's house? Camp out tailgate?

@Julia Blythe , short & to the point, love it. Thx.

@Douglas Skipworth I would love to hear his experience there, thanks!

@Jeff Caravalho .

I sent you a private message with his name and email address.  He said he'd be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

He does have family in the area

Hey guys, I been living in Oxford going on for 3 years now. It's a pretty cool little town and real estate is very interesting!

I'm currently a real estate agent with Remax and over the past few months noticed a lot of developers building the student housing and commercial property. Just recently have they started getting back into building condominiums.

Hotty Toddy !!

Just checking up on your progress in the Oxford area. Over the past few years I been linking up with a good bit of the large property owners in town.

Holler if I can help you or someone you know.

expanded to Jackson, Madison and Harrison county!

Any help on connecting with some real estate commercial scouts would be amazing too! I have a 44.000 sq ft. grocery store in Biloxi I’m trying to lease.

Hey Tony, I'm an investor in the Jackson area (outside the city of Jackson). I'll PM you my contact info. Let's get lunch one day when you in the area and see if we have any common ground.

Hello @Tony Halcin , sorry I missed you on this thread.  My sister lives there, visited in jan. it was cold!!  May move out there someday and build.  Thanks for update on Oxford - feel free to do that anytime!

@JT Crownover what do you build?  I was thinking about going modular.

Thx

@Jeff Caravalho  I’m a new residential home builder. SFD.  Mostly spec homes. With some customs as they come along. 

I'd be interested in deals in the Oxford area though as many have stated it seems as though it's definitely a sellers market.  Ideally looking for football homes or would be open to constructing a few multi-family's.

I am an investor. Specifically, focused on the hidden market in the Oxford Area.  Feel free to connect with me and I will share any deals I bring in the future with you.  Thanks!

I live in Oxford and I want to start investing soon. It'll be cool to meet some of you other local investors. Thanks

@Edward Minier and @Derek Dewayne Hopson Jr. glad to see there is some activity in the Oxford Mississippi area. I am also getting started in NE Mississippi. We should definitely get a group going to some meetups. I have met some people (@Peter Vance ) in Tupelo that would be interested in meeting up. 

You guys should look up Kyle Thornton and Cory Williamson.

I also live in Oxford and am looking to start investing and going to some meetups too. 

Is anyone still looking at Oxford? We live out of town, but LOVE Oxford and would love to partner up with someone to look into buying there. What is the market now? I feel like every time we go, you would get more and more ROI. Thoughts?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here