Birmingham Multi-Family Market

5 Replies

Any good areas around Birmingham for the Multi-Family market? I have one SF there and it rents well. Looking for a quadplex.

Multi family rents well within the city limits. You can get 10-15 cap rates within the city, vacant or turnkey. Suburbs have an excess of units since many have moved back into the city recently. 

Do you have a preference of area?

Class B structure or B area? This is where it starts to get away from people. A lot more to consider with Commercial property versus Residential. 

@Jason Cory Class B area. The single family homes i have are class B and they work well. I assume multi family will be close to the same.

@Daniel Highsmith There should be some apartments in the B areas available. You'll pay more in those areas and likely won't see a 10 cap. I posted the true markets by class in another post you may want to look at since I think there is a misconception of what the classifications are for areas. I think what many are calling B areas are actually C areas for Birmingham.  Birmingham Market by Class

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.