• NYC
Votes |
New to Birmingham Alabama

Omer Zakai
  • Rental Property Investor
  • NYC
Posted Apr 4 2021, 07:59

Hi All,

My name is Omer; I am a new out-of-state rental ( buy and hold investor) currently exploring investing in Birmingham, Alabama.

I would love to get some information about areas to look into ( mostly C+/B areas) in Birmingham and surrounding areas, open to new construction. 

Besides, I would love to connect with local investors/vendors,/service providers in the area.

My goal is to buy and hold 5 properties by the end of 2021  

Omer 

User Stats

Votes
Brian Tunnell
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Apr 5 2021, 14:57

Hi, Omer!

Birmingham is certainly a great city for SFR investors. There are lots of outstanding boots-on-the-ground folks here who can help you with all aspects of your operations in Birmingham.

If you decide at some point that you want to look into small multifamily, let's talk!

Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Ed Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Apr 6 2021, 06:10

@Brian Tunnell I am at the beginning of doing a 1031 exchange and would like to find a good triplex or quad to exchange up to. They just seem in short supply these days. Otherwise I will just split into additional SFR. Timing is tight at 45 days to identify properties once started. Any insight would be appreciated.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • remodeling contractor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • remodeling contractor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Apr 11 2021, 06:31

@Omer Zakai

Hi Omer, I am a contractor here in Birmingham, let me know if I can help!

Best,

Mike

User Stats

Votes
Mark Linder
  • Investor
  • Winston- Salem, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Winston- Salem, NC
Replied Apr 12 2021, 08:45

@Brian Tunnell I am looking for a small multifamily in the Birmingham area. Any POC would be much appreciated !! 

User Stats

Votes
Com M.
  • Murrieta, CA
Votes |
  • Murrieta, CA
Replied May 14 2021, 16:23

I would be interested in multifamily in Birmingham or Montgomery.

User Stats

Votes
Anyl Tyon Pascal
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 16 2021, 18:19

@Omer Zakai

Hello I currently have a 2:1 located in the West Birmingham comps as is are around 55K as is if contact me

User Stats

Votes
Michael Montana
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied May 31 2021, 20:17

Hi Omer. We are familiar with the Birmingham area. If you ever have questions about a specific area, let us know.

User Stats

Votes
John Patton
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied May 31 2021, 21:32

@Omer Zakai

I have investing in Birmingham area for nearly 20 years. I am selling all my Birminghan areas school properties. Look at Jefferson county schools or shelby county or st Clair county schools. You will pay more but your taxes and insurance will be cheaper. Also your property will appreciate more. LAlso stay away bessemer. Bad area. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Ellie T.
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Oct 29 2021, 11:31

@Omer Zakai Did you find the contacts you were looking for? would love to connect.  I'm also looking to invest in similar properties as you.  Le'histamea... Yaeli

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 12 2021, 16:45
Hey Omer, I'd look up Spartan Invest, a turnkey SFH firm operating in Birmingham. I'm not using them as I'm targeting commercial, but I know folks who have and fully endorse them. https://spartaninvest.com/

Originally posted by @Omer Zakai:

Hi All,

My name is Omer; I am a new out-of-state rental ( buy and hold investor) currently exploring investing in Birmingham, Alabama.

I would love to get some information about areas to look into ( mostly C+/B areas) in Birmingham and surrounding areas, open to new construction. 

Besides, I would love to connect with local investors/vendors,/service providers in the area.

My goal is to buy and hold 5 properties by the end of 2021  

Omer