Thoughts on SFR in Mobile, AL

10 Replies | Mobile (Alabama), Alabama

I was wondering if anyone had any success in OOS investing within the area of Mobile, AL (SFR). These are 1bed/1bath homes. Zip code 36617... Any information on this area and if any one had any success. I know the prices are low and so are the rents.

That zip code is strong for long term rentals... not sure what you are looking for as an OOS investor but contractors are tough to come by in MOBILE! Most zip codes are low priced and low rents. 

Anthony, I'm a buy and hold investor in Mobile, AL. The zip code you mentioned as well as others in Mobile are good for all forms of investing, just depends on what you want to do. 

I'd recommend reaching out to a realtor in the Mobile area that works with real estate investors and having them show you properties virtually (whichever method you prefer). I can refer a great realtor that can show you some properties in the area and works well with investors. Also, get on some wholesalers' lists and start reviewing deals that way. I can recommend a few of those as well. Let me know. 

One thing I've learned about out of state investing is to build a good team. I know this is what everyone says but its so crucial in building a business remotely. 

@Ahmad Omar  I'm originally from the area and looking to invest in Mobile in the coming months. Do you mind referring me to your realtor? or have any good wholesale contacts? Any contacts or other advice would be great, thanks!

@Lane Otto I'd recommend Ivey Welch (https://mobilerealtors.com/agents/WELCHI/). Shes a great realtor that works well with investors. We have worked with her for the past 4 years and she has been extremely helpful and flexible. She also works with several other investors so she can give advice based on what you're looking to do. Highly recommend!

For wholesalers I'd recommend Irby Homebuyers (Jared Irby) and webuysouthernhouses.com (Wes Jordan). They are two of the largest wholesalers in Mobile and they usually have a couple of new properties every month. 

Originally posted by @Ahmad Omar :

@Lane Otto I'd recommend Ivey Welch (https://mobilerealtors.com/agents/WELCHI/). Shes a great realtor that works well with investors. We have worked with her for the past 4 years and she has been extremely helpful and flexible. She also works with several other investors so she can give advice based on what you're looking to do. Highly recommend!

For wholesalers I'd recommend Irby Homebuyers (Jared Irby) and webuysouthernhouses.com (Wes Jordan). They are two of the largest wholesalers in Mobile and they usually have a couple of new properties every month. 

Thanks!

Originally posted by @Lane Otto :

@Ahmad Omar  I'm originally from the area and looking to invest in Mobile in the coming months. Do you mind referring me to your realtor? or have any good wholesale contacts? Any contacts or other advice would be great, thanks!

Try Shamrock Realty. Or the Rent Experts. I’ve had good results with both.