• Investor
  • Mobile, AL
Votes |
Nice Duplex near a University

Matthew Ladner
  • Investor
  • Mobile, AL
Posted Apr 16 2020, 10:38

I am looking to do my first deal with a house hack.  There is a very nice Duplex in Mobile.  It is a new build in a nice area and also very close to the University of South Alabama. I am having mixed emotions due to all of the competition with large apartment buildings in the area.  I am just concerned with renters not choosing to rent the one side of the duplex that I am not living in, when they could rent an apartment with much more amenities.  The one side I would rent is a 4 bed, 3 bathroom so I could possibly rent it by the room to separate students or just hope for a nice family to rent the entire side.  Single rooms with bathrooms rent for $600 - $700 per month in large apartments, so if I have a price point of $500 per room I may be able to get tenants and easily cover my expenses. The goal here is not to make boat loads of money, rather to just offset my personal housing expense to save more money monthly.  Any experience renting houses in the area of the college with all of the competition?

Loading replies...