Need insights on Huntsville suburb - new market AL, 35761

7 Replies

Hi folks!

Finally, after some searching, I have found property in New Market, AL 35761 area that looks interesting and I am planning to put an offer.

Based on my limited research it looks like a class B+ neighborhood with good schools. city-data site shows that the median income is well above average and there is a high percentage of owner occupancy plus the rental vacancy is around 9%.

All my research is based off internet which really can't give the complete picture and I would love to hear from folks who actually stay in Huntsville and get their inside scoop on the area.

Would really appreciate if folks can provide their knowledge about the new market area.

Regards,

Gorden 

Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes :

Hi folks!

Finally, after some searching, I have found property in New Market, AL 35761 area that looks interesting and I am planning to put an offer.

Based on my limited research it looks like a class B+ neighborhood with good schools. city-data site shows that the median income is well above average and there is a high percentage of owner occupancy plus the rental vacancy is around 9%.

All my research is based off internet which really can't give the complete picture and I would love to hear from folks who actually stay in Huntsville and get their inside scoop on the area.

Would really appreciate if folks can provide their knowledge about the new market area.

Regards,

Gorden 

You can use Trulia and City-Data for that information.

@Mike M.

I did and from my research this looks like a B+ neighborhood with stable income etc. See my original post where I mentioned city-data.

Being a newbie investor, I just needed someone to just verify if my observations are correct.

Hi Gorden, I'm an investor in Huntsville, Madison, & Decatur.  I don't know much about New Market - I don't watch north of Meridianville or east of the Flint River.  I've heard the schools are good.  Most of the growth is happening on the other side of town.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

@John White really appreciate you giving your input! I wondered what I was missing. 

And it appears from what you are saying that there will not be much appreciation in new market.

I really don't know if there will be appreciation in New Market or not - I really don't know much about it.  I'd assume most residents in New Market work in HSV and if HSV grows & if New Market has desirable homes with good school districts it will grow too. I do like Meridianville for rentals and it isn't too far away....

The new plants like Toyota, GE, etc are going in the area west of Madison - near Greenbrier.  That's the growth I was talking about.

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.