Votes |
Analysis Paralysis...sort of.

David Vander Pol
Pro Member
  • Union City, CA
Posted May 3 2019, 09:56

This is a two-part question. 

So....

I've spent some time analyzing as many deals as I can the past few months. Probably 50+ or so. Not a huge amount, but not a little amount either. Almost all of them are sourced from the MLS, some from a wholesaler.

Here's my problem, out of all of the listings, I've only made one offer because that one was the only property that seemed to make sense numbers-wise. So I know I need to make tons of more offers on places, but I'm not going to do that JUST to make more offers. That seems nonsensical-it seems to make sense to only make offers where the numbers work. Right? Yet, here I am heading in a direction that seems to have analysis paralysis written all over it. I see/here people jumping in and after six months they've already loaded up on a few properties. So what am I missing?

The other part to this is this–the rehab costs on practically every analysis I do tends to land in the same area cost-wise. Typically in the 25k-30k range. Since pretty much every analysis I do seems to not work out numbers-wise, I'm beginning to wonder if my numbers are way off for some reason? I take my figures directly from The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs and judge as best I can from the pics/vid provided by my agent.

Again, what am I missing that is preventing me from being the person that gets a few properties under their belt in six months?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Loading replies...