Skip to content
Phoenix Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Brian Volland
  • Property Manager
  • Peoria, Az
Votes |
Laws of the Land (Rules for Phoenix Area MFRs)

Brian Volland
  • Property Manager
  • Peoria, Az
Posted Oct 13 2016, 21:54

So I finally got to the Phoenix area and got settled in a couple weeks back and have been trying to get a grasp on how the small MFR market promotes itself in the greater Phoenix area via the MLS. I was hoping some of the more seasoned local folks who own 4-plexes to duplexes wouldn't mind chipping in to enlighten me on the specifics for the area. I understand each property will be unique but i'd still like to hear based on what you've seen or done with your own properties in the Phoenix area.

The most important, is posted rent the actual rent paid or is that before sales tax, fees, etc? How about on the MLS?

If you tack other fees to the rent, what are typical fees to add on top of rent?

HOA and other fees; If there are any, are these typically included in rent, paid from rents collected, or added to rent?

Why isn't solar power on every MFR? Cost prohibitive? Not enough ROI? Looks?

I haven't priced property management places yet but, for the sake of analyzing a property, what percentage of rents should I be looking at paying towards management? Or is it flat rate regardless of rents taken in?

I know some of y'all are going to suggest AZREI but I have not, and likely will not, be able to make it to their meetings due to work location and schedule. Any groups more local to Peoria, Litchfield Park, or Surprise would be much easier to try to schedule around, if anyone knows any.

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.

-Brian

Loading replies...