Real estate market in Arizona (Phoenix and surrounding areas)

9 Replies

Hey guys,

I will be looking to relocate to Arizona. I will be working in the Casa Grande area and more than likely living out there too. How is the real estate market there for investors? 

I am looking to buy and hold but also interested in flipping. Any advice or information is valuable. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by @Taronda Ransom :

Hey guys,

I will be looking to relocate to Arizona. I will be working in the Casa Grande area and more than likely living out there too. How is the real estate market there for investors? 

I am looking to buy and hold but also interested in flipping. Any advice or information is valuable. Thanks in advance.

Jump on in, the market's fine.

Hi @Taronda Ransom , it's good to see another Cali person coming to Arizona!

The market is great right now in Phoenix. Most investors are doing fix/flips or even scrape/rebuild and seeing great returns. It's very competitive but there are still deals to be found. Casa Grande is one of my favorite markets right now because you can fix/flip but you can also cash flow as well. Most of the Phoenix Metro is too overpriced compared to the rents to cash flow very well (Although rents are on the rise) so Casa Grande, Apache Junction and San Tan Valley are all places investors are picking up rentals and doing lease options.

I'm an investor/agent/wholesaler in Tempe, feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Both rentals and lease options seem to be solid down here, and there are still quite a few homes in Casa Grande that could use rehabbing. In addition to CG, Coolidge and Florence tend to have better Price:Rent ratios than most of the metro Phoenix area. As @Dustin P. mentioned, AJ and San Tan Valley are popular as well.

@Randy K. Stop sharing my favorite investing cities. It like sharing all of my secret fishing spots. Ignore those cities everyone. Focus on Gilbert and Scottsdale.

I see higher rents on average in Casa Grande than in similarly priced homes in coolidge & florence.  So I think its a great area to invest. Although Casa Grande, Coolidge, florence, Apache Junction and San Tan Valley are all lower priced areas, I feel like Casa Grande is one of the most affordable ones with higher rents.  You can buy a lower priced, newer homes in coolidge, but might not be able to get $1200/mo rent for it like you could in Casa Grande.  Depending on what kind of environment you want to live in Coolidge has a nice small town feel & low housing costs.  I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.  We live in San Tan Valley, but my husband works in Casa Grande two days a week so we always keep that on our radar.  Welcome to the area.  Look forward to meeting you when you get here.   As you're evaluating properties if you would like me to go out and take some videos of them or the area or if you just want a second opinion, feel free to contact me.

Casa Grande is a great up and coming spot in the area.  I also focus on long-term buy and hold for my investors right now.

Casa Grande has some job growth too. You cannot have a prosperous RE market without a sustained or growing employment base. 

Not sure of your personal situation, but you may wish to pursue a house-hacking strategy with 2-4 units to get a solid start right out the gate.

Welcome to AZ and good luck in your investing.

Feel free to reach out. I know what you need :)

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have finally settled in to Casa Grande and want to go head on into investing.

What are the best REI meetings to attend to start networking? And building a team?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here