Sean Malone
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Tucson Multifamily Management Recommendations

Sean Malone
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Sep 22 2020, 10:40

Hello!

I'd much appreciate any recommendations for great property managers for 15-unit class C property in south Tucson by the airport.

I've owned this property for the last two years, and it's been managed by a local company for that time. However, the current manager seems to be optimized for SFR, and is not providing the level of optimization that I would expect. I've spoken to a few other firms, but it seems that the ones who look at an apartment building as an asset to be optimized aren't willing to take on something as small as 15 units.

Here's the type of optimization that I'm hoping to see, in addition to general management competency:

1) Turn time (between the tenant vacating and the unit showable, listed, and accepting applications) is viewed as a metric to be optimized

2) Lease-up time (after the unit is turned, how long before a tenant moves in)  is viewed as a metric to be optimized

3) Rent collection is pursued through all legal options

4) Expenses are minimized both programmatically ("Water bill is high. Here are a few ideas that we can implement to address.") and individually (such as coordination with a great independent handyman for all minor repairs, to minimize overhead).

5) No mark-up on expenses, and willing to coordinate directly with vendors of my choosing where applicable

Am I searching for a unicorn? Is it reasonable to expect this from a property manager for a 15-unit?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and recommendations.

Loading replies...