Building a Team in Tucson

8 Replies

Hi all, I'm a new investor living in Portland, Oregon, interested in buying a first rental in Tucson.  I'm looking for a little help building a team in the area, including a real estate agent, lender, insurance agent, and property manager.   Anyone have positive experiences with these in the area and willing to share their names?

My realtor is Armando Tavares with eXp realty. Great guy. I’m using him for investment properties as well as personal. He is from this area and has a lot of contacts for contractors and sub contractors. I am managing my own properties so can’t help on the property management and I use USAA for insurance.  

My lender is a local bank. Commerce Bank of AZ. They only have 4 branches which is nice being able to do the face to face thing. Additionally, he has a little more flexibility with some portfolio lending.   Micole Matyas is the lending officer.

I’m really just getting started as well so maybe we will be able to help each other some day. I’m actually from Pendleton, OR but will be retiring here in Tucson next summer. 

Best of luck,

Toby

Hey Ryan, what type of rental are you looking for? Single-family, multifamily, short term or long? [Solicitation Removed by Moderators]

Hi @Tylor Billings , I'm looking at single-families for buy and hold.

Spoke to a property management company today (Realty Executives Tucson Elite) and was offered the following fees:

- 10% for overall management.
- $300 one-time fee for advertising.
- 15% of one-month's rent when securing a tenant.  He said they have some kind of program for tenants wherein, if they're enrolled, the outgoing tenant covers that cost, but the landlord needs to cover it if the outgoing tenant is not enrolled.

He claimed less than 1% vacancy rate.

What are your thoughts on all this?

Cobb Realty also has property management as well. I don't use a PM at the moment in AZ. I know Cobb is a smaller company so I wonder how their numbers compare..

(Note: I don't work for Cobb. I heard of them through fellow Air Force members and know the majority of Cobb are AF retirees)

Hey Ryan I am also starting out investing and looking at Tucson , I dont know about the 1% vacancy rate that would be amazing.

Originally posted by @Ryan H. :

Spoke to a property management company today (Realty Executives Tucson Elite) and was offered the following fees:

- 10% for overall management.
- $300 one-time fee for advertising.
- 15% of one-month's rent when securing a tenant.  He said they have some kind of program for tenants wherein, if they're enrolled, the outgoing tenant covers that cost, but the landlord needs to cover it if the outgoing tenant is not enrolled.

He claimed less than 1% vacancy rate.

What are your thoughts on all this?

The 3rd bullet sounds like BS. Also less than 1% vacancy rate doesn't seem realistic either.

I personally have a 5-bdrm rental on the Southeast side that's being managed by New Concept Property Management. Their rates are competitive and I've really enjoyed working with Dino and his team so far.

Granted, this is my first rental and first PM company I've actually worked with so take all that with a grain of salt. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here