• Real Estate Agent
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
Looking for a Broker/Company to start out with

Pablo Garcia
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted Jul 1 2016, 16:47

Hi I just recently acquired my RE license in Arizona. I am currently looking for a broker/company to hang my license with. I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations for places I can start interviewing to see which is the best fit whether it is a smaller brokerage or a big company brokerage. My goals in my career are to be a successful agent first and earn some capital as an agent so that I can use that money and experience toward making investments whether it is through rental properties or flipping projects. I also want to eventually become an investor-friendly agent and build relationships with other investors in the area and assist them in their transactions. I want to find a place where I can learn the business and become a successful agent. I just turned 27 years old, am not married and have no kids and have the ability to really go all-in. Any advice would be helpful

User Stats

Votes
Robert Santangelo
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Blue Bell, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Blue Bell, PA
Replied Jul 1 2016, 20:16

I'm a (very) small brokerage, so I'm partial to small, but larger offices can offer great training.  I suggest you look into the training program offered regardless of who you consider. Talk to a number of agents 1-2 years in and get their feedback. Also, when you have no experience, the "big name" office may offer you some instant credibility. In general, you're pretty portable in this business, but get trained well, build your foundation, and then you can transition into anywhere that feels right if you're not already there.  

Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Ed Caldwell
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Jul 2 2016, 12:21

Hi Pablo,

I am a licensed agent in Arizona as well.  I chose HomeSmart as an investor as the fees are dirt cheep for investing purposes.  I primarily got my license to save commissions paid on the backside of flipping houses.  Training at HomeSmart is pretty good overall, but if I was going to be a full time Realtor, there is a lot of value with giving up some of your commission up front to learn from a really good experienced Realtor.  Just like investing, find a Realtor that is crushing it and do everything you can to get on with them as a mentor to learn.

I hope this helps you out with your decision and congrats on passing the Realtor exam!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jul 2 2016, 12:23

@Pablo Garcia  be sure to interview with Commerical brokerages if you want to be in the investment side that's were the big money is over time.

User Stats

Votes
Gary Miller
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Jan 25 2017, 08:09

Pablo I am an investor in the area looking for a fit with a eager young realtor. Please reach out to me to see how we can work together. Thanks.