• Winchester, VA
Votes |
Creative ideas for purchasing a portfolio

Dave Kent
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Winchester, VA
Posted Jun 17 2022, 13:33

I was out driving for dollars and saw a sign posted in front of a duplex. I called and toured the property that would have been a nice candidate for a BRRR project. She informed me that she inherited a large portfolio from her uncle. I unfortunately was not quick enough on the draw and missed out on the duplex.

I called the phone number again today and spoke with the lady to see if she wanted to sell anything else (in the initial meeting she said she wanted to sell approximately two each year). She said she does have a duplex and old 7 room hotel that she wants to sell currently. Im still running numbers on the duplex and hotel that she wants to sell. I don't know if the one she wants to sell right now is something I can tackle. 

In the interim between seeing the original duplex and the phone call today she said she sold one more unit that she owned. 

So my questions is: Does anyone have any creative ideas to ensure I have first crack at future properties? 

Additional back story: The owner and her husband do all maintenance/repairs on the properties they own. The husband is tired and in need of some serious help. They also have been getting some additional pressure from the city about the state of the properties.

Thoughts? 

Loading replies...