• Financial Advisor
  • San Antonio Texas
Votes |
Borrowing from Investment Retirement Accounts

William Joel Idleman
  • Financial Advisor
  • San Antonio Texas
Posted Jul 15 2022, 11:07

I've talked to several people on this forum and they didn't know they can borrow from certain types of retirement accounts.  You can also use these retirement accounts to store cash at the end of they year to lower your tax liability.  If you have a retirement account and would like to know what your options are with it, send me a connection and I'll be happy to show you your options.  BE YOUR OWN BANK.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 15 2022, 11:49
Quote from @William Joel Idleman:

I've talked to several people on this forum and they didn't know they can borrow from certain types of retirement accounts.  You can also use these retirement accounts to store cash at the end of they year to lower your tax liability.  If you have a retirement account and would like to know what your options are with it, send me a connection and I'll be happy to show you your options.  BE YOUR OWN BANK.

Its amazing that main stream media tells you. When I left my first job they gave me 2 options for my 401k - leave it there or move to my new company. They did not tell me oh, you can get a self directed IRA and begin investing in real estate or other options. #mindblown