• Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Creative financing strategies for buyers and sellers to agree on

Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Nov 15 2022, 07:01

As some of you mat know, I am an agent in Cincinnati, and as others may be finding, deals are hard to come by at the moment. I want to post this to ask about strategies I can start introducing to buyers to use. I see that many sellers think it is 2021 still and are still asking outrageous numbers and just analyzing like we would in 2021, isn't working. Maybe buyers and sellers can meet at a middle ground between sellers getting their price, and buyers getting their terms. So I am basically I am asking, what are some strategies I can start to use and show buyers that may get us closer to landing a deal? (besides higher down payments/buying cash)

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bohrer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Nov 15 2022, 07:21

Hello Sam,

I have seen many agents in my area convince their sellers to offer concessions in order to attract more buyers.  As for the buy side, I am not sure there is much you can do to make your offer more attractive besides what you have already mentioned.  I suppose you could waive contingencies, but that seems a little excessive when the buyer has the advantage now.  

Ultimately the sellers are going to find that with time on the market their home becomes less appealing and by starting out at an inflated cost they will be hurting their chances to be sold at a fair price in the end.  The market has tipped in the buyer's favor in most areas, but with rising interest rates these buyers are shy to pull the trigger.  I think everyone is just going to have to lower their expectations and compromise a bit to keep the market moving.

Hope this helps! Take Care,

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 15 2022, 18:11
Quote from @Brian Bohrer:

Hello Sam,

I have seen many agents in my area convince their sellers to offer concessions in order to attract more buyers.  As for the buy side, I am not sure there is much you can do to make your offer more attractive besides what you have already mentioned.  I suppose you could waive contingencies, but that seems a little excessive when the buyer has the advantage now.  

Ultimately the sellers are going to find that with time on the market their home becomes less appealing and by starting out at an inflated cost they will be hurting their chances to be sold at a fair price in the end.  The market has tipped in the buyer's favor in most areas, but with rising interest rates these buyers are shy to pull the trigger.  I think everyone is just going to have to lower their expectations and compromise a bit to keep the market moving.

Hope this helps! Take Care,

yeah brian this helps! I appreciate the words about it brotha!
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 15 2022, 19:55

I am targeting assumable loans for my buyers. People who locked in 2-3% and are happy to walk away with a down payment 

User Stats

Votes
Mason Hickman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sandwich, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sandwich, MA
Replied Nov 15 2022, 20:01
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

I am targeting assumable loans for my buyers. People who locked in 2-3% and are happy to walk away with a down payment 

I like this idea of the assignable loans but don’t see many of them, have you been having repeated success?

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 15 2022, 21:15
Quote from @Mason Hickman:
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

I like this idea of the assignable loans but don’t see many of them, have you been having repeated success?

Loan I assume are usually non assumable 

User Stats

Votes
Shlomo Koheler
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • centervill in
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • centervill in
Replied Dec 8 2022, 03:54

@Sam McCormack

What you are looking for is what's commonly called buying 'subject to'

It is perfectly legal you can find on the HUD statement the line number 203 if I'm a mistaken it states

'loans taken subject to'

We have a program,

where we can enable sellers to get out of over leveraged properties.

IE recently refinanced or having a first and second mortgage/ judgments.

And also get you the agent a nice commission.

PM u