• Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
New to Raleigh - looking for those who are looking for aggressive growth

Sammy DeStefano
  • Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Jun 1 2023, 09:53

I spent 6 years in car sales working for BMW in Phoenix, Arizona which got me accustomed to not only sales but more importantly rain making and prospecting. Initially I got into real estate because I had reached my ceiling at my BMW dealership as a business development center caller, sales guy, and ultimately a finance director. I sold many cars to Realtors however 99% made less than $100k annually and I was well past that in car sales however, I met a top producer after almost 5 years who made $800k + only selling residential real estate and wrote a check for a BMW 750Li. That made me question what I thought about agents - when I asked him what the difference was between him and the 100 other agents I sold BMW's to over the years, he replied "Most agents are lazy and reactive and that he was proactive and found his own business." Later I found out that he was a Mike Ferry agent, a training company that preaches old school 'phone prospecting and door knocking' to find business.

I left the dealership and began getting my license. Joined Mike Ferry Premier coaching within 90 days and was off to the races. My first year, I sold 30 homes (all expired and canceled listings that I called), my second year, I sold 35 homes from January to June with a goal of 60 homes sold for the year however, moved to Raleigh, NC in August and began Post Licensing here. The rest is history... I am proactive and find my own business, calling and door knocking, and there is more than enough business out there. My main income has been from residential real estate (mostly listings) and I have saved a large portion to begin investing. My strength is prospecting (5+ hours a day) and my weakness (for now) is investing and knowing which are deals and getting over the fear of committing to jumping in.

If your strength matches my weakness and vise versa, message me and lets put some business together.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jun 1 2023, 10:16

Hi @Sammy DeStefano

I'm a member and vendor of the NCREIA and the main meeting is in Raleigh, NC. I suggest you attend those to meet like-minded people and potentially your investment partner. I'm happy to hop on a call and see if there is anything I can help with as you grow. 

User Stats

Votes
Sammy DeStefano
  • Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jun 1 2023, 10:33

Are you local to NC or do you predominately live in FL?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jun 1 2023, 10:39
Quote from @Sammy DeStefano:

Are you local to NC or do you predominately live in FL?

I live in FL and own a mortgage company here, but I am in NC every month and I have family there. I am speaking in Raleigh on the 9th to some Advanced Investors. I attend the Raleigh meeting every month and Charlotte. 

User Stats

Votes
Kathie Russell
  • Professional
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jun 1 2023, 10:55
Definitely come to NCREIA!  Also, if you do please look for me ( i will be there), i am an experienced rehabber and also own LTR and STR and happy to team up - my weak spot is finding properties (I prefer to use wholesalers) so sounds like a match made in heaven lol

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Vanderford
  • Property Manager
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jun 1 2023, 13:48

Hey Sammy, thanks for introducing yourself. I am a property manager here in the Triangle, and I would love to meet up sometime. I'll send you a connect request. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Knapp
  • Contractor
  • Wake Forest, NC
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Wake Forest, NC
Replied Jun 1 2023, 15:34

@Sammy DeStefano

Send me a message I’m a investor and GC in raleigh. Investing can be great if you bunker down and do the right things.

User Stats

Votes
Kunal Datt
Pro Member
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jun 1 2023, 16:09

Sammy you’ll be surprised to know how many people could leverage your skills to find deals (myself included). I have been living and investing in raleigh for about 5.5 years, so feel free to message me as well. I’m very good at analyzing deals and fairly good at estimating rehab costs. FYI Finding good contractors is also challenging right now unless you have scale. 

User Stats

Votes
Mark Townsend
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wilmington, NC
Replied Jun 3 2023, 06:29

Sammy,

I would love to connect. I work the coastal market and looking for a referral partner in the Raleigh area.

User Stats

Votes
Shane Lafleur
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Holly Springs, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Holly Springs, NC
Replied Jun 9 2023, 09:16

Hey Sammy! You sound like a rockstar man! I host a local meetup in downtown Raleigh called Pints & Properties. We have them every month on the Last Thursday of the Month from 630-9PM at Carolina Ale House. I always post the meetup on the forums here as well. I typically have a speaker come talk for 30-45 Minutes on a specific topic to learn and networking after to discuss strategies and meet those in the industry investing in the market as well. Would be awesome to see your face there!