Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Sam Hager
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
Business and Branding - How do backgrounds inform your investing?

Sam Hager
  • Fort Collins, CO
Posted Feb 12 2016, 15:42

Does anybody else listen to Bigger Pocket podcasts on their morning drive and have to pull over to write down ideas? I’m pretty sure that there are a number of drivers out there that hate the little silver sedan that abruptly yanks over to the side of the road...Sometimes I forget to signal - if I have scared you, I am sincerely sorry.

It’s just that I have moments of brilliance (or so I think)… and I can’t afford to let them slip into the Bermuda Triangle that is the back of my head. Many a good ship has gone down there, never to be seen again.

One such swerving happened a few days ago as I was listening to BP Podcast 155, which featured Sharad Mehta exchanging jabs and jokes with Brandon and Josh. As I listened to Mr. Mehta’s journey into real estate investing, I realized that many investors on BP did, or do, something else as a day job.

Many of you are accomplished business people in other areas of expertise - so the natural question is, how do those careers help inform your real estate investing strategies?

I have been specifically toying with the concept of implementing a branding strategy for property rentals that would allow people to identify and connect with my properties on a different level than just finding them on a housing search site.

Has anyone out there worked with branding their properties (specifically with a certain aesthetic, design feature, or actual signage)?

I would love to hear from anyone who has taken a similar approach or implemented other unconventional business strategies into their real estate investing.

As always, happy hunting!

Loading replies...