• Developer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Sustainable Real Estate

Brent Fisher
  • Developer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Nov 10 2016, 20:01

Today we live in a more transparent world than ever before. People are becoming aware of what is going on and how things are done, given the access to information via the internet. Everyone is directly affected by real estate every day, and as we grow as a civilization, I think it is important to discuss how real estate should move forward to advance our world. I believe sustainability is the key component to this. Before the value was solely on capital as a valuable resource for why people did something. However, with technology we have freed ourselves from more than just this short term mindset to also taking into account people and the planet. A focus on these as value could create a new way of investing, and when investing into properties, these should be taken into account. I believe we need to find a way, to make these a vital element to the ROI when investing in real estate. If there were incentives, breaks, credibility, and other items that reward sustainable real estate investments, we would transform our world into a healthy, happy, prosperous ecosystem that thrives. With sustainable practices and technology, there is no reason that we can not achieve a higher level of abundance for the human race. What are everyone's thoughts?

Loading replies...