Votes
David Flanders
  • Overland Park, KS
Votes |
Suggestions Needed for Creative Deal Structure

David Flanders
  • Overland Park, KS
Posted Sep 18 2017, 09:42

Good afternoon. Can someone suggest the best way to proceed under the following scenario? I'd like to make this deal happens if possible. I want to buy a house with an ARV of $240k. The property needs $32k in repairs, including foundation issues. Right now the property is unlisted and owner is represented by an agent (who is a friend of mine). The agent and owner are also friends. The owner needs to sell because she had a stroke and needs to move into assisted living (but still would like a 60+ day closing). The mortgage is all paid off. No debt on property. We made an offer using the 70% rule but I'm anticipating that will be rejected. Is there another strategy we can use to make this happen? I'm researching seller financing, but I'm unclear how that will be an improved deal for the owner (which is what we need to show if cash offer is rejected)? She isn't going to want 5+ years of payments, but I do know that she is open to creative ideas, as her place will be hard to sell on the retail market and since it's unlisted we don't have a lot of investor competition. Thank you for any ideas you may have.

Loading replies...