RESEARCHING GREAT SCHOOLS IN MARKET

5 Replies

Hey guys when researching a market to invest in, and looking for a good school within a school district does it matter if the school being considered/evaluated is an elementary, middle school, or high school? Does it matter if t is a public, private, or magnet school?

Thank you,

Jason 

Originally posted by @Trevor Ewen :

@Jason Ma

From everything I have heard, a good elementary school is the gold standard. You can attract growing families, and elementary schools tend to have fewer negative side effects than high schools. 

I have found this site very useful to get a pulse on the school districts:

https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-schools/

Interesting... so are you saying don't even consider great high schools or simply prioritize great elementary schools over great high schools when researching market/submarkets? 

@Jason Ma

No, let me be clear. A good school is a good school no matter the grade level. If you get a good deal on the property and the school is good, do not let me stop you.

That being said, if you had three equivalent assets and one was near a decent high-school, one was near a decent middle-school, and one was near a decent elementary school, I would go with the last of the three.

From a safety perspective... My elementary school was in my neighborhood growing up. My mom was still worried about us walking over there alone. My junior high was slightly farther. My high school was almost a mile away. So logistically, it makes sense as well.

Originally posted by @Trevor Ewen :

@Jason Ma

No, let me be clear. A good school is a good school no matter the grade level. If you get a good deal on the property and the school is good, do not let me stop you.

That being said, if you had three equivalent assets and one was near a decent high-school, one was near a decent middle-school, and one was near a decent elementary school, I would go with the last of the three.

From a safety perspective... My elementary school was in my neighborhood growing up. My mom was still worried about us walking over there alone. My junior high was slightly farther. My high school was almost a mile away. So logistically, it makes sense as well.

Thank you