Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Shuffield
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
The Market is hot, but should we still House Hack In DFW?

Zachary Shuffield
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Aug 5 2019, 08:30

What's up Bigger Pockets!! My girlfriend and I moved out of state for my job, but we are planning to move back in the DFW area next summer. We refuse to rent, and I would love to try the house hack method on a triplex or 4-plex using an FHA loan.

My question is what are the best areas for multi family house hacks in DFW, and are we doing this at a time where the market is too hot? I’d love to do a highland park, Arlington, Fort Worth, or Frisco deal. Maybe even Westlake? All my studying has pointed to: deals are out there, you just have to find them, and stick to your numbers.

Thanks for your time and any advice!

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey McKee
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Replied Aug 5 2019, 09:11

@Zachary Shuffield

Arlington is a great area for multi family hacking. Prices are still relatively low comparatively, but rents are high. Anywhere near Uta, the stadium or six flags are going to be a safe bet. When are you planning to buy?

• Real Estate Agent Texas (#0731291)

McKee Realty Services and eXp Realty  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Shuffield
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 5 2019, 09:13

@Jeffrey McKee well, Arlington is my home town, so that would be a perfect scenario!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Shuffield
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 5 2019, 09:20

@Zachary Shuffield Sometime around May or latest June is when our lease is up in Louisiana

User Stats

Votes
Ross Kalmbach
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Plano, TX
Replied Aug 6 2019, 18:32

I live in Plano now but invest in Louisiana where I'm from (Shreveport/Monroe).  Market is weird here - my advice is to take some time to get to know the areas and where it's growing.  I can't even afford to live near where I work so I rent.  I could buy a single family and rent to roommates but I've outgrown that stage in my life :)  I'm thinking of investing in the Terrell area but not as a house hack.  Commute would kill me. Good luck!