• Rental Property Investor
  • Cleveland Heights
Votes |
Door to Door advertising

Anthony Porembski
  • Cleveland Heights
Posted Sep 1 2019, 03:24

So I have a friend who has had success with this method so I wanted to go a little deeper with it and see what some of your thoughts are.

I want to do a similar strategy with the script basically introducing myself to the neighborhood and interests in being a part of the community. I’ll subtly divulge that I’m also a real estate investor that buys properties from people interested in selling. Give them a gift card or something along that nature along with my business card. Or I was thinking of giving a resume type paper folded in an envelope with the gift card, my picture on top right corner with a brief description of my intentions with all my contact info enclosed. What do you think. This idea is on the cutting room floor so I’m open to any and all modifications. Thank you all for your time! Really appreciate it 🙏🏻🙌🏻🏡

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Porembski
  • Cleveland Heights
Votes |
  • Cleveland Heights
Replied Sep 1 2019, 03:57

@Anthony Porembski

A bit more info. I’ll be doing this in C to C+ neighborhoods and actually live in proximity to my targeted areas in a house hacked duplex.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 5 2023, 14:02

@Anthony Porembski - Hello Anthony. Did you get any deals from this? Was it well received in your community?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Abeyta
  • Property Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Dec 7 2023, 10:01

How much is the gift card going to be? You could rack up expenses really quickly with this method. You need to have a very defined list that you would target. With traditional postcard mailings if you are loose on your list and send it to someone who would never sell, you spend 50 cents per postcard. With a gift card method, you are sinking dollars into someone who would never sell.