Springdale vs Fayetteville Arkansas for buy and hold single famil

15 Replies

Hi everybody!  I have been wanting to buy a single family home in Fayetteville, AR for a number of years.  I'm finally ready and looking at houses, but the market is so hot!  What i can afford is either awful or goes fast at full price plus buyer paying closing costs.  I might have to look in Springdale, but I don't know much about Springdale, I've been watching Fayetteville.  

So I am wondering what the rental market is like in Springdale.  Are people renting?  do they stay more than a year?  I would imagine that Springdale could be a desirable location but I don't know.  any thoughts would be much appreciated!  thank you!

Originally posted by @Diane Stinebaugh :

Hi everybody!  I have been wanting to buy a single family home in Fayetteville, AR for a number of years.  I'm finally ready and looking at houses, but the market is so hot!  What i can afford is either awful or goes fast at full price plus buyer paying closing costs.  I might have to look in Springdale, but I don't know much about Springdale, I've been watching Fayetteville.  

So I am wondering what the rental market is like in Springdale.  Are people renting?  do they stay more than a year?  I would imagine that Springdale could be a desirable location but I don't know.  any thoughts would be much appreciated!  thank you!

Diane, I live and have rental property in Fayetteville, so can appreciate your comments about pricing. I’m not looking to add right now but probably will in early 2017.

Springdale could be a viable option depending on your price range. Understand that MANY of the renters in that town work in the poultry and manufacturing plants which will likely limit what they can afford.

Your best options in Springdale will be based on school districts. HarBer Meadows is of course among the best, but you’ll pay a premium price for property there. You might be better off looking at Rogers. Bentonville and Centerton are rapidly becoming too high-priced to make it worth your time to travel up there to check properties unless you can accumulate several.

Let’s go back to Fayetteville. Have you looked west of I-49? The infrastructure has been significantly improved in recent years, and the expansion of the bike trails on the west side helps too. Anything around/west of Rupple Road might be affordable. Also the neighborhoods just west of the Wal-Mart Supercenter on Hwy 62 could be an option. That’s 2 miles or less to the university and consequently appealing to many.

PM if you want to connect. Will do my best to steer possibilities your way!

im a nwa native have bought sold and invested properties in both counties

Of course there are pockets in each town but in generalities

Buying SFR Your money goes farthest - most house for the money in - bella vista/springdale/rogers/fayetteville/bentonville in that order - bentonville is highest psf

It all depends what pricepoint your after and what type of tenant your looking for and what cap rate your looking for and type of property- turnkey vs rehab, etc 

wow!  thank you, Susan Holmes and Jack Johnson!  I live in Fayetteville so know that town a bit.  Susan, I have been looking at houses in South and West Fayetteville.  and started to look in East Farmington. 

Your money will go farther in Springdale, and I personally think it's a better investment with the city improvements that are coming down the pike. (Tyson is pouring a lot of money into downtown and a new children's hospital is being built so kids don't have to be flown to Little Rock.) We just bought in Springdale for our personal house. There are places that are more manufacturing with lower rents, but there are also very nice areas with rentals in the $1200 plus range. Not to say Fayetteville isn't a great investment too, but I feel Springdale has a bit more margin as the housing prices trend lower.

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

I'm interested in investing in Springdale. Can anyone recommend a good agent? I would like to start receiving weekly listings so I can begin to monitor the market. My husband was born and raised in Fayetteville, so we are familiar with the area. Thank you, looking forward to this new endeavor.

Hi Jennifer. Feel free to reach out to us if we can help. My husband is an investor / realtor in NWA and is happy to set you up on an MLS feed. ☺️

Originally posted by @Jennifer Stanley :

I'm interested in investing in Springdale. Can anyone recommend a good agent? I would like to start receiving weekly listings so I can begin to monitor the market. My husband was born and raised in Fayetteville, so we are familiar with the area. Thank you, looking forward to this new endeavor.

I can highly recommend Bill Speer. He's an executive broker at Metro Marketing Realty. I worked with him in November and the entire process was the easiest ever! He understands investor needs and is exceptionally helpful.

Great, I'm new to the NWA area and new to investing. I'll definitely reach out too. Thanks for suggestions!!

Awesome! I've been looking for an Investor Realtor to refer my Denver clients and here it is, I found two! Thank you @Susan H. and @Sarah H.! Please feel free to message me privately with their contact.

I’m a newbie to BP, but not to NWA. My wife and I own rental property and are looking to add more. I’m always looking for knowledgeable people to help me with the process of finding, LLC, taxation, zoning, building. Feel free to comment and let me know if your suggestions. I’ve been working with a realtor, but she hasn’t been very helpful as I have located my last 2 properties.

Originally posted by @Jerry Hill :

I'm a newbie to BP, but not to NWA. My wife and I own rental property and are looking to add more. I'm always looking for knowledgeable people to help me with the process of finding, LLC, taxation, zoning, building. Feel free to comment and let me know if your suggestions. I've been working with a realtor, but she hasn't been very helpful as I have located my last 2 properties.

Welcome to BP, Jerry! I sent you a PM with connection invite.

BTW, Bill Speer is now with Smith & Associates. PM me for contact info. Can also highly recommend a local mortgage broker, well versed in investor purchases.

@Susan H. Thanks. I will contact you soon.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here