Skip to content
Los Angeles County Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Conor Colburn
  • Investor
  • Topanga Cyn, CA
Votes |
Building Prefab/Mobile Home in Topanga Canyon/Malibu/Etc?......

Conor Colburn
  • Investor
  • Topanga Cyn, CA
Posted Jul 2 2016, 16:22

Hey Guys, My name is Conor I was born and raised in TopangaCanyon and I'm very interested in buying land in the Topanga Canyon, Malibu, or Woodland Hills areas, and I'm interested in finding somebody that has experience buying land and or building mobile and prefab structures in these areas. I'm wondering if anybody knows what the rules are for mobile and prefab structures on land in these areas. Also what is the exact zone for coastal commission is it 6 miles from the beach? Do I need permits if I bring in a mobile home or similar semi mobile structure? I know certain mobile structures are allowed to be used for a single family home but what's the exact guidelines and who can verify this information or give me a list of all the rules and permits required for different types of mobile and prefab structures?

I'm also wondering if anybody knows the costs and rules for bringing in water and power to a piece of land in these areas, I know it's different for each property but is there any possible way to get estimates on bringing in water and power to a piece of land I want to purchase before actually buying the property so I can create a general budget for buikding a home. Does anyone know who would I contact about getting quotes for brining in water and power and most importantly if anybody knows who would have true answers to these questions I would really appreciate it if you could give me their contact info.

Any other info you guys might have on buying land and building prefab or mobile structures in these areas that would be so great. Feel free to contact me, thanks so much I look forward to the responses, Cheers!

Conor Colburn

Loading replies...