User Stats

Votes
Ella Mai
Votes |
How to get back my money from a fraud guy - Joshua Jackson

Ella Mai
Posted Feb 7 2020, 10:49

Hi BP,

I'm not the first person who has some serious problems with the same interior designer guy. His name is Joshua Jackson, he owns very small business - Joshua Jackson design in Los Angeles, I found him on Yelp. I hired him to do furniture for my new house, we did compose the contract with the total budget was $12,000 and given 1 month to finish, did ask him to sign it so many time, and he kept delaying didn't sign it. I really wanted to make my house to be done soon, so I transferred him $3,000 deposit as part of our agreement - the first payment. After that he brought some stuff to my house and total costed less than $600 like 2 full frame beds without headboard, 2 rugs and some small home decent stuff. That time was the last time I saw him, he was disappearing despite i was calling and texting him every day. He found so many reasons to excuse and blame for me. And the last text msg he said he won't return me money. This guy is fraud, after i did some research about him on google, he is very unprofessional and unethical. He has kept changing his account on Yelp and conducting very poor service, ripping off people, or taking money like my case.

What should i do in this situation to get back my money? taking him go to the claim court? is there anyone having experience in the same situation? I got only his passport, his phone and email and not sure the address on Yelp is real one or fake. 

Thanks in advance

Loading replies...