• Homeowner
  • Studio City, CA
Votes |
DWP and ADU Question for Los Angeles

Charles Koo
  • Homeowner
  • Studio City, CA
Posted Oct 6 2020, 13:15

Hi BP - Hoping folks who are familiar with the ADU process can shed some light. I'm currently in the process of a garage conversion to an ADU (framing and rough plumbing/electrical completed). The GC did the design and is doing the construction as well. When he got the permits approved, he let me know all clearances were received (including LADWP). Turns out this isn't the case - they approved construction in the easement and close to the power line but nothing about the power line that goes above the existing garage. The LADBS inspector was inspecting the framing and rough mechanical but will not allow the project to proceed until the overhead powerline issue is signed off by LADWP. Unfortunately the GC let me know that I'm on my own with getting this clearance since it's beyond the scope of the ADU (I disagree with this but that's a separate conversation). Anyways, hoping someone can shed light on what I should be doing. I've already requested a meter spotter to come out. Anything else I should be doing? I'm not sure how big of a deal the powerline issue is. Thnx!

Loading replies...