Los Angeles County Real Estate Forum
5.0K Posts | 507 Discussions
Collecting Data on Costs of ADUs
Good Afternoon Everyone.I am collecting data on costs of ADUs in Los Angeles and am looking for people who have completed an ADU. If so, would you be willing to share your story, budget information, and maybe even some... View more
Water submetering in Los Angeles (Hawthorne)- opinions?
Hi All, First post here. I'm based in Torrance, just bought a triplex in Hawthorne (3x3bd2ba). I'm interested in submetering the water as I'm not keen on paying for others' wasteful ways. I'm inclined to think most... View more
Los Angeles ADU-basement architect referral
I am in need of someone that drafts design plans for a renovation..... We are doing a rehab on a single family home in Angelino Heights and need plans drafted before applying for permits with the city. We have a... View more
Duplex: Owner-Occupy Unpermitted Garage Studio & ADU Conversion?
I'm interested in a duplex (zoned R1V2) in Los Angeles (near the beach). One of the tenant's leases includes the use of a backyard unpermitted garage studio. I'd like to legally convert it to an ADU (which I hope is... View more
Will my adu fall under rent stabilization ordinance when built
Hi, I will be building a detached adu in my backyard (new construction ground up) does anyone know if it will fall under the rent stabilization ordinance? Im in the southbay area, city of los angeles 90247. i own a... View more
ADU on Duplex R2 lot question
We are in escrow on a duplex zoned R2 that has a detached garage that was converted into an additional unit without permits. The housing department states that it needs a new certificate of occupancy because it's no... View more
Anybody have experience adding a unit or building an ADU in LA
Hi Los Angeles investors!  I'm looking at a multifamily property right now, but the deal hinges on my ability to add another unit to the property. Does anybody here have experience adding an ADU or another permitted... View more
ADUs in Los Angeles - do you have any experience
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the new Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) plan in Los Angeles? If yes what happened and how did you do it?Thanks much in advance.
San Pedro Public Market Redevelopment
San Pedro is doing a $100M redevelopment project to do a Pike Place style public market. Its supposed to break ground in 2017 and finish in 2020. Any thoughts on if there is an opportunity here, or if this is already... View more
Handyman to paint a wall
Hey guys, Making the move out of state soon and need a handyman to come in and paint a wall, photo attached. I'd do it myself but am wildly crunched for time before the move. I'll have the... View more
Is San Pedro The Next Highland Park?
I've heard a lot about San Pedro recently. It has all of the ingredients to be the next highland park. (huge art and music scene, affordable rent, "authenticity" etc...) I've also seen that they are redevoloping their... View more
Can a landlord break a lease?
Hey all, I just signed a year lease as a tenant in June, and due to complications from Covid, am now trying to get out of said lease. My question is, can my landlord effectively "break" the year lease and release me... View more
Wholesalers in Los Angeles?
I'm sure that many are looking for the same, but thought I'd toss it out there. I'm looking to buy a house hack in LA and I'd love to get on a list with a wholesaler for more deal options. Tough market right now. Thanks!
Lawyer referral for partnership contract
Hello!I'm creating a partnership where I am going to use my good credit and job history to buy a duplex. My friend is going to contribute funds for rehab and cap ex and rent the other half. We will be splitting all... View more
Are allowed no-fault evictions still allowed during moratorium?
Does the eviction moratorium in Los Angeles also prohibit allowed no-fault evictions? Specifically, what about the exemption allowing a new owner to occupy a unit in a multifamily? Pre-moratorium, the buyer of a... View more
PERFECT DEAL IN LOS ANGELES
I am VERY HAPPY to add my first property, and I would like to know how those investors and experts in Real Estate in Los Angeles invest in this market and what are the best deals and tell us a little about their... View more
BEST DEAL EVER IN LA
I am VERY HAPPY to add my first property, and I would like to know how those investors and experts in Real Estate in Los Angeles invest in this market and what are the best deals and tell us a little about their... View more
How do you invest in Real Estate in LA?
Need Some Ground Lease Advice
I am looking at a potential commercial ground lease for a parcel I own in LA County. The parcel is under 2 acres. I am trying to understand what's customary and market on a number of points, and so I'd appreciate some... View more
Does city need to allow a JADU on a two-house R-1 property?
I am looking for a real estate lawyer who has knowledge of ADU (accessory dwelling unit) law in California. I'd appreciate recommendations.My question: Is the city of Hawthorne required to allow an existing 450sf JADU... View more
Vacancy and appreciation of the property over time in LA
I am doing estimates of property income in Los Angeles, does anyone have an idea or a resource where I can learn two things: Vacancy and appreciation of the property over time (three-family multifamily)?
LA Real Estate Investing Strategy Discussion
Hi Everyone!  Here's the research I gathered during quarantine to potentially apply to an investment property.  Have you done something similar?  Is there anything else to look out for?   Is this strategy... View more