• Flipper, landlord, investor
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
Coronado Real Estate Investing Mastermind Group

Account Closed
  • Coronado, CA
Posted Aug 19 2015, 12:51

Anyone on or near Coronado interested in forming a real estate investing mastermind group here on the island? It would be like a BP meet-up, except we would limit it to just a handful of us and it would happen more often. There would still be no selling, but what we can do is discuss ideas, leads, ask questions--whatever--in an effort to help each other reach our greatest potential in the REI space. We could meet perhaps one a month over lunch or drinks.

Believe I've already got one interested member, @Colin L., but we're looking for a few more.  Feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM.

Vincent

P.S. If you're not familiar with what a mastermind group is, do a quick Google search and you will quickly read about the many benefits of them.

Account Closed
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
  • Coronado, CA
Replied Aug 20 2015, 11:41

We can open this up to anyone interested in the southern San Diego area.  Either pop over the bridge once in a while or we can also meet in the Gas Lamp...

User Stats

Votes
Bruce May
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 20 2015, 12:39

Great idea @Account Closed. I'm in a mastermind group up here in No. County and the six of us meet every month on the first Monday for dinner. It really helps us set our goals and reach them because we have support and accountability to one another. Best of luck.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
  • Coronado, CA
Replied Aug 20 2015, 12:43

Thanks, @Bruce May  Yep, I'm trying to get something similar started down here on the south side--we'll see if I can garner any interest.  I've never been in a MM group but I understand they can be quite beneficial, as you attest.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce May
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 21 2015, 03:45

@Account Closed do you know Fred Eckert? He works at Chicago Title and lives in Coronado and is on the board at the SDCIA. He might know some people who would be interested in joining your MM. Google his name and you'll find his contact info or talk to him at the SDCIA meeting if you attend.

Account Closed
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
  • Coronado, CA
Replied Aug 23 2015, 21:17

I will do that, thank you, Bruce.

User Stats

Votes
Jake Thompson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albany, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albany, OR
Replied Aug 27 2015, 22:12

I wouldn't mind meeting up occasionally. I may not always be able to be there due to my work schedule (military) but I can always try!

User Stats

Votes
Levi Gardner
  • Contractor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Aug 28 2015, 11:03

I'd love to get involved in something like that, though at this time I wouldnt be bring much to the table. It would be a great way for us san diego investors to expand our networks and maybe set goals and try to keep each other accountable.

User Stats

Votes
Linda Shepard
  • Jesup, GA
Votes |
  • Jesup, GA
Replied Aug 28 2015, 11:09

Hi,I would love to meet and be a part of a Mastermind group. I just got my real estate license and excited to be a part of real estate. 

Account Closed
  • Coronado, CA
Votes |
  • Coronado, CA
Replied Aug 28 2015, 12:34

Okay, great, we have enough people to make this work.  I will PM folks to get their e-mail addresses and we can arrange a time and place to meet (I see yours, @Linda Shepard).

@Jake Thompson, I am military too so we will try to figure out a schedule that works for everyone.  As I understand them, mastermind groups work best when everyone shows up every time.

@Levi Gardner, no worries, we are all students.  Ideally we can encourage, educate, and challenge each other to achieve more than we might otherwise individually.

And, hey, if after a few meetings we decide it's not working, then that's fine too.  Experimentation is an important element of growth and discovery.

We'll pick this up on e-mail...

Vincent

User Stats

Votes
Robert M.
  • Homeowner
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Sep 9 2015, 12:13

I live close to Coronado Island and would love to be a part of the master mind group. Please count me in if you guys decide to meet.

Robert