Steven Wade
  • Escondido, CA
Votes |
Laid off newbie investor seeking advice

Steven Wade
  • Escondido, CA
Posted Dec 13 2018, 09:26

Hi Everyone,

I just got laid off from my job, and I'm trying to plan next steps as a beginner investor. I'm in San Diego County (Escondido), and my wife I were just starting to look for deals out of state in San Antonio. We were planning to BRRR using cash and money from a HELOC for the original purchase, but the HELOC fell through due to the employment change. I know there are some alternate options for funding the deal such as private/hard money, but I'm not sure about trying that for our first deal, when we don't really have much experience out of state. I'm wondering if it is best to wait until I get employment again to get the HELOC and continue to invest, or if there is another option I'm overlooking.

I'm also considering if I can transition to an career that would better position myself to invest in Real Estate, specifically becoming an agent. So my question is, do you have any advice on what you would do to progress toward financial independence through Real Estate if you were in my situation? 

Being unemployed currently, I find myself with more time to hustle than I had previously, so if any investor in SD county needs an extra hand on a deal, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks,

Steven

Loading replies...