CPA

20 Replies

Hello, I'm looking for a CPA that specializes in Real Estate and is an investor themselves. Does anyone have any referrals that they can share?

Yes, our CPA specializes in RE Investors like yourself. Ping me if interested.

@Steven Gary can you please send your CPA contact information to me also? Thank you so much.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Spencer Hsu :

Hello, I'm looking for a CPA that specializes in Real Estate and is an investor themselves. Does anyone have any referrals that they can share?

Spencer, 
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions

@Steven Gary

Hey Steven if you don't mind sharing that information with me as well I would greatly appreciate it!

Gilberto Grajeda please call me. Im an investor in Visalia California. 559/736-8521

@Steven Gary can you please send your CPA referral to me as well. Thank you 

@Steven Gary could you please share CPA contact as well? Thank you!

How important or helpful (or not) is it to work with a CPA from our state?

Hi @Steven Gary, I'd be interested in your CPA's contact info if he'd be appropriate for out-of-state work too (I'm in Oregon). Thank you! Best, Jeffrey

@Steven Gary Steven, you and your CPA are becoming famous :-)  I am also interested in your CPA contact. Thanks!

@Jeffrey Tufenkian Most CPA's active on the BP forums work with investors all over the country. On the tax compliance and tax planning side of things, the heavy lifting is done on the federal level. State issues can be researched if need be.  So, if you can find someone in state that knows real estate tax and is personable, that's great. But don't let geography limit your search.

@Steven Gary could you please ping me your CPA referrals as well? Thank you

@Steven Gary can I get that reference as well?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here