• Real Estate Coach
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Tips To keep you in the Real estate game

Eric Medemar
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:57

“The Journey is as important as the destination” Keep in mind that real estate is a process that typically does not produce immediate cause and effect outcomes like many things in life. You don’t start to be successful as a realtor or an investor when you do your first deal, you start to be successful the day you start doing. Make your joy in real estate not come from the end sale, but from each successful effort toward the end goal.

There is a story of a climber who ran into another climber who was coming back from the top of a mountain. The hiker who was on his way to the top of the mountain asked “ Do you know the way to the path that will lead me to the top of the mountain” the hiker who was returning from the top said “simply make every step that you take go towards the direction of the mountain top and you will get there”.

If you are unhappy with the direction that your real estate or investment career is going then you need to change things. If you keep doing today what you did yesterday, then you will keep getting what you got yesterday. Take the time to sit down and find out what habits, beliefs, and actions got you to where you are, then change them to the habits, beliefs, and actions of a person who is where you want to be.

Be a super model. If you want to be a successful agent or investor do what other successful agents or investors do. If you want to fail in the real estate business then do what the failures do. Many times the time commitments between the two are exactly the same, what it really comes down to is what you decide to do with your time. When I was just selling real estate, I was making $100,000+ without working more than 15 hours a week. The amazing part to me is that all the agents in the office who “worked” were many times making 1/4 of what I was, yet they were working up to 50 hrs a week. They had essentially become experts at looking and feeling busy rather than experts at making money in real estate.

“Fake it till you make it” When you are talking to potential investors be sure you come off with confidence. People want to deal with successful people, but they don’t know the difference between someone who is successful or someone who acts successful. Imagine in your mind how you will feel when you have done 10-20 deals, how will you talk to people, how will you carry yourself (posture, facial expressions, tonality of voice). Once you can vividly picture in your mind how you will act when you many deals under your belt, then all you need to do is duplicate that picture in your mind.

These are all I have time for, I will shoot to add more later. Im sure the big dogs on the boards can fill in the blanks

Loading replies...