Votes
Dustin Bluthardt
  • Chico, CA
Votes |
Wildfires (Northern CA)

Dustin Bluthardt
  • Chico, CA
Posted Jun 3 2022, 15:29

I live in the area where the 2018 “Camp Fire” burnt down the town of Paradise. It’s really turned the market upside down over here. A lot of money was settled in the lawsuit and now that people are getting paid, houses are going quick.

Has anyone here had any success investing in one of the wildfire affected areas? I’m curious to hear of any strategies.

I’ve been looking at the Kansas area as well. I have family there and it’s cheap, cheap, cheap. Just not sure it makes financial sense right now.

thanks guys/gals

Dustin

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Jun 3 2022, 16:56

Happy tp help in KS if it's close to KC

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 3 2022, 17:05

I would not take another chance in a wildfire area. Go to the Midwest and prosper....

IntellCRE logo
IntellCRE
|
Sponsored
Supercharge Your Multifamily Investing with AI Source, screen, evaluate, underwrite, and act on hundreds of deals with data and confidence!

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jun 3 2022, 18:01
Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

I would not take another chance in a wildfire area. Go to the Midwest and prosper....

if the forest already burnt there is no more fuel for at least another 25 years plus.

I grew up in northern CA fire prone areas..  Lake co  Napa County etc these are across the valley from Paradise.. Lots of brush tall brush with very high fuel loads and those areas will burn every 10 to 25 years.. Atlas Peak Above Napa is a classic example. I lived at the base  Silverado Country club.  And Atlas peak in my memory burnt up in 1980 taking 50 very nice homes with it.
And smaller fires through the years then 4 years ago or so right after the big PGA event at Silverado it went up again this time though it got into Silverado itself and 200 plus homes destroyed many were friends and fellow club members.. 1 mil plus homes all of them.  but now they have rebuilt its a slow process but there is no fuel left to burn :( .

The big fire over in Santa Rosa North of town burnt down 6k houses if we recall that one.. it was a year or two before the Napa one..  many have rebuilt..  you do have intense clean up situations where with regards to contamination etc.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jun 3 2022, 19:07

I was not referring to the risk of another fire as much as the barren ugliness of the area, and the negative feelings because of the misery and deaths.