• Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
The Balancing Act: Inaction and Inflation:

Jorge Vazquez
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Nov 22 2023, 18:02

One of the biggest challenges in real estate is overcoming the paralysis of analysis. Inaction, often born from overthinking, can be as costly as a hasty decision. In a market where inflation is a constant, the value of money doesn't remain static. Waiting too long can mean your capital buys less tomorrow than it could today. Most mistakes in long-term investing can be fixed! 

Tell me about your experience! 

• Broker Florida (#SL3334101)

Graystone Investment Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Greg Scott
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SE Michigan
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • SE Michigan
Replied Nov 22 2023, 20:02

A former co-worker came to some meet-ups where we discussed investing passively in apartment syndications.  He was initially skeptical, but by mid 2019 informed everyone that he was going to dip his toe in the water.

- In late 2019 I ran into him and he had not done anything because he was worried about the upcoming elections.  Meanwhile, I was getting into deals.

- In early 2020 I ran into him and he had not done anything because he was worried about this COVID thing he was hearing about in China.  Meanwhile, I was getting into deals

- We had a Zoom meet-up in late 2020 and he had not done anything because the Democrats had won the election and he was worried all the laws would change.  Meanwhile, I was getting into deals

- Last time I saw him was early 2021 and he was nervous the pandemic would continue to drag on and destroy the economy, so he was not comfortable.  Meanwhile, I was getting into deals.

All those deals I got into from 2019 to early 2021 have done fantastic!   My colleague was playing it safe and missed out on all those returns.