After a 6 month hault.

9 Replies

After having to take several months off from my new RE business because of personal and family issues. I feel lost I haven't been able to get myself back in the mix of things. I have been going to many RE meet up groups to get encouragement and I got back into social media, reading RE blogs and books to try and find my way back. So I guess my point or my question for the Biggerpockets community is there anything anyone can suggest. Any experiences anyone would want to share. I thank anyone who takes the time to write. -Windie Rios

Hi Windie,

What was it that got you started in the first place?

My why is my kids. I want more time with them. I don't want to have to work 40 hour weeks . I want to give them the life I didn't have growing up. That why I even took Armando Montelongo RE workshops. For a better life for my family.

That sounds like a very strong motivator. Visualize yourself climbing the corporate ladder at work, putting in more and more hours and kissing more and more Az$ to move up and having your kids on a back burner so you can keep making more money. The whole time, yes, the money you make from your job will definitely be for your kids, but the time you lose will never be regained. I wish I had a strong motivator like you. For me, I usually have to drink some caffeinated drinks to get pumped up about anything.

@Windie G. Listen to a ton of biggerpockets podcast! Just my opinion, but listening to people that have succeed in this business will help you get motivated. I have two kids myself, I know that family, work and building a business is no easy task! When I start to feel overwhelmed, I stop and remind myself why I am doing this, listen to a podcast and keep moving forward! Hope this helps and best of luck!!!

Thank you to everyone who posted comments. I won't stop until I achieve what I need to. I am reading a lot and listening to podcasts. Keeping my motivation in front of me all the time and never forgetting what it is is the key. To everyone and paying it forward!!

Windie

Windie, my only advice is to keep tabs on what you're learning. Once you begin noticing that you're reading the same material over and over again, it's time to kick it into the next gear.

Reading, listening, and learning are all great, but let's face it, these things don't pay the bills. Actively seeking mentors, building relationships, viewing houses, and putting in offers are what will make you successful in this business.

It's a lot of hard work so don't make the mistake of letting gurus like Armando fool you by painting a pretty picture. Then again, "hard work" is relative to how you respond to the situations you're faced with.

Keep moving forward and you'll soon find yourself making serious progress. Good Luck!

Prepare and follow a Business Plan.  That is your path to success.

If you surround yourself with more like-minded people, you may start to take action steps. The passion will come from within when you are ready. 

Best of luck! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you