Investors helping other investors

8 Replies

I have to say I'm very encouraged by the mentality of investors helping other investors. It's quite refreshing and I totally understand the benefits that existing investors get from bringing on new investors into their network.

In theory the positives always outweigh the potential negatives but how often is this the case?

I see no instance where having a strong network of investors -- even those in your farm -- can be a negative.

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

Hi I’m Christopher Dearman just a little about me. I’m a veteran of the US Airforce. I’m married with three children and one adopted child. I currently work on the road putting signs on high rises all across the country. I’m gone to much from my family and missing out on a lot. I’m looking into diving into flipping houses and quit my job to be closer to home. I’ve built houses and remodeled them but never flipped them for profit. But I have experience just not what most lenders are looking for. 

@Shane Willcox

Commercial real estate is a relationship business. Your network is your networth. The more people you know, the more access to deals that you have.

The downside is, if you’re not vetting properly, you could run into a few wolves in sheep’s clothing. Integrity is always key. Find people who are positive an always growing in their personal development.

Success rarely exceeds personal development- Jim Rohn

@Shane Willcox it's always great for me! The only time I really have a problem is when people want to work so far outside of what my norm is that it starts to strain me. Like when someone wants to evaluate on-market deals and really my bread and butter is off market. Or if someone wants to put in un-realistic lowball offers all day in our extremely stable market. So really, it only poses an issue when people are set on one way of making money (which sometimes isn't the way the market is working best) when my way is not fighting what the market is offering. Make sense? 

What's up bigger pockets family! I am a new investor looking to add more qualified buyers to build solid and genuine relationships with. What I can offer is hard work, dedication, a willingness to learn and of course properties to make money. I am currently looking and investing in the Philadelphia market along with Montgomery County both in located Pennsylvania but open to other areas. If anything lets connect and try and build a relationship, I love meeting positive minded people especially ones that place people over profit. 

Networking is a big part of my investing. Finding properties, contractors, ect.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here