Question for those of you who flip and wholesale

2 Replies

At what point is a deal worth more to you as a flip vs a wholesale? I know most of us decide on a case by case basis but what is the determining factor for YOU. Is it the location? The profit? The scope of the work? A mix? I know some of the podcast guys will only flip if they are set up to make 40k+. What is your time worth? I am trying to systematize the process as much as possible.  

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)
800-347-9296

A lot depends on how many flips I have going and how good your wholesaling set up is. I know guys who refuse to flip because it takes time away from wholesaling. Other guys refuse to wholesale because they want to keep more profit per deal.  If you can only find five deals a year and have the money to flip maybe you don't wholesale at all. If you can find 100 deals a year, it may not be worth the time it takes to flip. 

Mark Ferguson, Real Estate Agent in CO (#IA40029358)
Originally posted by @Mark Ferguson:

A lot depends on how many flips I have going and how good your wholesaling set up is. I know guys who refuse to flip because it takes time away from wholesaling. Other guys refuse to wholesale because they want to keep more profit per deal.  If you can only find five deals a year and have the money to flip maybe you don't wholesale at all. If you can find 100 deals a year, it may not be worth the time it takes to flip. 

What he said...  :) 

Shaun Reilly, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9517670)
1-800-774-0737

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you