Driving for dollars in exchange for education

6 Replies

Hello seasoned investors,

Have you ever considered allowing someone to drive for dollars for you in exchange for mentoring them? Why or why not?

@Jennifer Ceren tapp I think this is a solid idea.. I wouldn't rely entirely on that person to drive for you, however; having someone on your team is a great idea. I know that some would fear that they might 'take a deal' or become a 'competitor,' however, I find when I mentor someone I get a lot out of it as well.

i think it's a good idea just to drive for dollar. and go through the motion. with or without a mentor. find a good settlement company to be on your team if u find a good deal. use this time to setup up your network ;)

use this time to learn how to do due diligence ;) we all learn by doing.

@ Daniel Ryu

I have not found any takers, which is entirely my own fault. I haven't been marketing myself as aggressively as I should in order to create my opportunity. I haven't been idle though. I am very close to finishing my real estate course so that I have more to offer my future business relationships.

Are you interested in investing in the Jacksonville area?

@Jennifer...

Would you consider mentoring from afar and investing out of state?

I am getting starting in REI and would like to work with and/or for a mentor who is well ahead of me. I could drive for dollars in California's Central Valley and share the info with you.

Your thoughts?

@ Eric Anderson

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post!  I am actually looking for someone to mentor me while I drive for dollars for them.  I would recommend posting this as your message with your town in the body of the message. Investors in your area with a keyword search set up will see it and hopefully reach out to you.  Word of caution, only let highly experienced investors mentor you from afar- It's very advanced level.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.