Driving for dollars in exchange for education

6 Replies

Hello seasoned investors,

Have you ever considered allowing someone to drive for dollars for you in exchange for mentoring them? Why or why not?

@Jennifer Ceren tapp I think this is a solid idea.. I wouldn't rely entirely on that person to drive for you, however; having someone on your team is a great idea. I know that some would fear that they might 'take a deal' or become a 'competitor,' however, I find when I mentor someone I get a lot out of it as well.

i think it's a good idea just to drive for dollar. and go through the motion. with or without a mentor. find a good settlement company to be on your team if u find a good deal. use this time to setup up your network ;)

use this time to learn how to do due diligence ;) we all learn by doing.

@ Daniel Ryu

I have not found any takers, which is entirely my own fault. I haven't been marketing myself as aggressively as I should in order to create my opportunity. I haven't been idle though. I am very close to finishing my real estate course so that I have more to offer my future business relationships.

Are you interested in investing in the Jacksonville area?

@Jennifer...

Would you consider mentoring from afar and investing out of state?

I am getting starting in REI and would like to work with and/or for a mentor who is well ahead of me. I could drive for dollars in California's Central Valley and share the info with you.

Your thoughts?

@ Eric Anderson

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post!  I am actually looking for someone to mentor me while I drive for dollars for them.  I would recommend posting this as your message with your town in the body of the message. Investors in your area with a keyword search set up will see it and hopefully reach out to you.  Word of caution, only let highly experienced investors mentor you from afar- It's very advanced level.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you