• Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
Are you wasting your potential?

Mark F.
  • Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Posted Oct 4 2015, 18:42

I'm currently reading Successful Networking by Frances Kay and came across a great quote she used in the book:

It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don't. They sit in front of the TV and treat life as if it goes on forever. -Philip Adams

I have no clue who Philip Adams is, but this was very convicting! There's nothing wrong with vegging out, watching a good movie, or checking in on Facebook from time to time, but it's far too easy to fall into the trap of wasting too much valuable time on things that have no long term worth. 

Time is one thing we never get back, right? I think it's always worth being reminded to invest our time accordingly. Unless we take deliberate action to build our businesses and work toward success every day, we soon find ourselves ten years down the line a decade older and no closer to our goals. 

Are you treating your life as if it will go on forever? Are you spending too much time on things that have no long term worth?

Loading replies...