• Rental Property Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
Was Walking Away, Grew a Pair... Then Went Back

Austin Hughes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted Jan 21 2016, 11:11

I had decided to place some flyers for my owner financed houses at the large immigration attourney's office in my town. Hoping I can provide owner financing to people who have the money, but haven't established themselves here yet.

I had only driven by before. So I printed out some flyers in Spanish, and headed down there to make myself known.

When I walked up to the door with the flyers hidden in my jacket, I saw a sign that said "No Soliciting," and I was instantly anxious. I said, welp, that's that, and I headed back to my car. On the way back to the car, there was a little self talk, and I decided that I wasn't the type of person who would give up so easily! But I didn't want to get sued for soliciting the law firm haha..

So, I turned around, walked back in the door of this large firm and smiled as I asked the front desk lady--"What is soliciting?" HAHA

She didn't know, so she got the head lawyer and asked her. She came out, and I said, "Well I just wanted to make sure I wasn't soliciting, but I thought I could really help some of your clients if they're looking for a house! I know it's probably hard to get things going when they first move over, but if I can help, let me know!"

Turned out not so bad, it's just how you frame it and think about it!

Loading replies...