Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Federico Gutierrez
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
How many deals has your EGO/GREED/PRIDE killed or ruined?

Federico Gutierrez
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted May 26 2016, 08:00

I'm coming up to a year of being a Realtor in Cleveland and working with many residential and investor clients. Starting to see a pattern in some deals that have fallen through, minus the properties that had some title issues and they had to die

But greed has been a big one, personally I've bought 4 properties in the last year that when presented to me the returns, the price were all good and I said sure, I did try to negotiate but if they didn't agree to my terms I wasn't going to walk away. That's just how I do business, Im not going to argue over pennies when the long term goal is going to bring in 100's instead.

Other clients I've worked with come and seek deals that return X % or want a home under $Y, I seek out those deals according to the clients numbers/requests.  A property was found but they would not pay the asking price, even thou it met what the client wanted. The client wanted a lower asking price to get greater returns. In some cases yes the price was negotiated but others NO and the deal never happened. How many times have you been in this situation? Where you just wanted more even thou you already had what you were seeking?

Every one says if the numbers make sense buy, but if the numbers are already good why are you being greedy and want more? 

Anyone care to pitch in?

Loading replies...