• Real Estate Investor
  • Prescott, AZ
Votes |
Changing times call for changing strategies

Robert Oliver
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Prescott, AZ
Posted Oct 10 2016, 08:12

In wake of this upcoming Presidential election coming up in 29 days, one must see their business as vulnerable in one way or another. Planning for outcomes continue to plague me, and I'm sure many of you. As a newer member to this forum, I welcome your comments of what works for you knowing that changes in leadership are eminent.

As an investor working part time due to my care taking responsibilities, I read and view the markets across the country as a motivator for me to do more of what I'm doing, rather than less. With uncertain pressures looming in the housing market, many areas of the country could be devastated by either candidates policies.

My talking to sellers across the country in these uncertain times, has led me to believe that they are truly afraid, and don't know which way to turn.  Most because of their situation don't want to sell their properties for a discount, and who can blame them really? Conversely a small amount of these sellers however seem to be open to sell their home "now!" 

What I believe is that we will see more of the sellers adopting the attitude that they too need to sell their home "now", because of the changes we will have in the White House. But doesn't this leave us as wholesalers, rehabbers, cash buyers, or agents, the opportunity to identify the additional sellers who adopt the idea that selling their home "now" instead of later is the smart play?

Marketing is no doubt the life blood of any market to attract these sellers I talk about here. I've found that increasing the numbers of mailers certainly gains more replies, but doesn't necessarily get those sellers to sell now. But, in the wake of the changing administration, no matter who gets in the White house, I submit there will be many more "motivated sellers" who will visit selling at a discount price.

For those who have experienced hardships in their mailings, my recent experiences tells me that we all should be putting our foot on the gas pedal especially in the upcoming months. As a newer wholesaler in the field, working with sellers on the phone, I'm learning that more and more, trends of these sellers will wait to see what happens in the upcoming election to make a decision one way or another. Given that attitude, you have to ask yourself, should I be doing more? 

I really would value your comments as to your strategies going forward. Interestingly enough, I learn from others and their views in this forum. My hope is that you share your thoughts in how you are going to handle your business with the looming changes coming?