Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
What I did to improve my Self-awareness and accountability...

Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Posted Feb 28 2017, 15:53

Good evening BP,

When I started in RE about a year and a half ago, I kept a little black book with me. On it, I wrote down all my thoughts, ideas, strategies, criteria, phone #s of new contacts, reminders, appointments, and anything else related to RE. It did very little for me besides provide me with a notepad that I rarely referred back to.

What do I use now? 9 weeks ago I began using the Best Self Journal by Bestself.co as recommended to me by my business partner @Tommy Mejia

What it has done for me is quite simple. It makes it easy for me to set attainable and measurable goals. You begin by setting a 13-week (or 3 month) goal, that gets broken down into 3 separate monthly goals which are then broken down to weekly goals and ultimately, daily goals. 

FOR EXAMPLE: If your goal is to close 3 multifamily wholesale deals in 13-weeks, you would break this down into measurable goals. What goals can you measure? # of phone calls, # of mailers sent out, $ spent on facebook ads, # and frequency of email blasts, # of networking meetings to attend, # of seller appointments, # of follow-up phone calls, etc.

You then hold yourself accountable each evening and week. You write down what you learned, what could have gone better, and what went well. If you constantly fall short on the same goals (as I have), you eventually learn to outsource certain tasks and focus on what you're good at. Reflecting each night and week also gives you encouragement by showing you what fears you've overcome to reach your goals (mine was making phone calls to strangers).

This is an ideal journal for agents, wholesalers, property managers, and pretty much anyone who is trying to reach new heights.

Has anyone else had experience using the Best Self Journal? If so, please feel free share what it has done for you.

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for reading!

-Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

Loading replies...