Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
Robert Borer
  • Investor
  • Saline, MI
Votes |
Sharing Rich Dad Poor Dad with kids - appropriate?!

Robert Borer
  • Investor
  • Saline, MI
Posted Jun 17 2017, 16:17

Hey BP community - You've read it,... I've read it.  It's shaped most of our investing views, and set us down a path none of us would ever do differently. 

However,  .... I'd love your perspective on sharing this incredibly influential book ... with your kids. 

Specifically, kids that are still in school.  Specifically, kids that still need to be motivated to get good grades and graduate.

So my main concern is... since the book is all about "what you learn in school is not what is going to make you rich", doesn't this have the potential to completely derail all motivation for kids to continue to take school seriously, get good grades and at very least graduate?

Have any of you shared this book with your kids and had it go well with their attitude about school?

Would love to hear your thoughts and perspectives, especially you investors with kids.

Am I overthinking this?  Or should I wait to share until after graduation?  When is the right time to share this kind of information and perspective with kids?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful responses.

Loading replies...